Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Really? You said what?

I am not trying to fool anyone. I know I am a big girl. Always have been always will be. I know deep inside I am Kate Moss trapped in my mother's body. But I don't need gentle hints from ANYONE to tell me such. For the most part people accept me, even have been know to be my friend and walk with me in public. But are backhanded and sly comments really necessary?

I started a new job recently, and as all new jobs go, you want to impress, make friends, and generally hope people find you nice and not odd. But from the get go, straight from the gate my new co-worker finds the need to get a dig in here or there. Oh, and trust me I am not being overly sensitive.

Week #1: I am warming up a Lean Cuisine, (the office food of choice for many people I might add!) and she asks me "do you like that or are you on a diet?" WOW! Well, let's see. I am late for work and threw this in my bag, there are no food options around my new place of work and NO I am not on a diet!

Week #2: She walks over and goes "I heard you don't like your chair, do you want mine? It's too big for me, but "SHOULD" work for YOU." Ah...really, it "SHOULD" work, what is THAT supposed to mean? I am not John Goodman for Pete's sake! Chairs generally "WORK" for people no matter what their size (excluding the exceptions of course).

Now friends, this is just a taste of the comments and jabs this person delivers, almost weekly. Mostly, I have taken the high road. Laughed it off then phoned a friend to vent and complain. But I am on week #8 with this new job, not too sure my tongue won't have a mind of its own one day and just let loose! Not too sure my hormones won't be flairing one day! Not too sure my FAT ASS might not kick her MENOPAUSAL BUTT! In my mind of course. Because I am a lady, and generally nice by nature.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Katherine

2 comments:

Allison said...

Who is she, Goldilocks?

If you ever catch her eating a protein bar or SoyJoy or something similar, you should totally be all "Oh. Soy. For the hot flashes? I heard it's supposed to help."

Thanks for the giggle; I needed that.

The Evil Banana said...

start jabbing back, i did with a co-worker that annnoying the split peas out of me. She didn't like the taste of her own medicine and leaves me alone more often.